Ozark Regional Online  

Go Back   Ozark Regional Online > Lebanon / Laclede Area > General Discussions

Old 06-26-2011, 04:28 PM

Default used swing set or scrap metal?

have 4 year old swing set in back yard - need to remove should I sell it as a used swing set or get money for scrap metal? Who knows anymore...times are strange.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:31 PM

You won't get much for scrap metal. You'd make more to just sell it....or why not just give it away to a family who is less fortunate?
Old 06-26-2011, 04:34 PM

How much you want for it? What kind of condition is it in?
Old 06-26-2011, 04:38 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis9377 View Post
You won't get much for scrap metal. You'd make more to just sell it....or why not just give it away to a family who is less fortunate?
I don't know, I just bought two marine batteries and didn't have any cores to exchange. I gave the receipt and told a friend who is short on money and told them if he had two old batteries to go get $24. back from Reilly's. He told me that he can get $18 for each one ($36.) at the scrap yard dealer. He said he's a friend of the dealer and gets the premium price. I had no idea they were worth that much.

Better check and sell what the swing set is worth first or donate to a charity that accepts scrap.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:45 PM

We have taken several big pieces of metal and not got much for them...desk...lockers. Just saying you might get more if you sold it....and at least some child/children would get good use of it.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Account has been closed.

A friend of my son had an old car that he had driven until it died; they took the car to the recyclers and got about 300 dollars for it. Now most cars are between one and a half and two ton, so that winds up being about nine cents a pound (if that). Even if the swing set is 300 pounds (which I doubt, since they are mostly made of thin-walled pipe), that would be 27 dollars.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miahbird View Post
have 4 year old swing set in back yard - need to remove should I sell it as a used swing set or get money for scrap metal? Who knows anymore...times are strange.

I am going to go at this from a different direction (surprise,surprise)...how much of your time and trouble do you want to invest? If you try to sell it; you've got phone calls to answer, people coming to your home to see it, possibly haggling over the price...or do you just want rid of it?

Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate.

J. F. Kennedy
Old 07-02-2011, 09:55 AM

Default swing set

$40.00 and it's yours - how the heck you will get it out of my fenced in yard, I don't know...it was assembled in the backyard by one of my sons...grandkids have moved on