Ozark Regional Online  

Go Back   Ozark Regional Online > Lebanon / Laclede Area > General Discussions

Old 07-12-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farscape View Post
Mr. White I notice that when you come in, you go to your seat and wait for council, is there a disconnect there or have they 86ed you from meetings before the meeting. I don't blame you if don't want to play in their little games, hope you get the sidewalk in, its needed; will you run again

If you are talking about some who are in the back room it could be for a variety of reasons. Could just be a convenient time for some to meet up with a city staff member prior to the city council meeting to discuss any outstanding issues. I do not think anything underhanded is occurring before the meetings. I just do not have any outstanding issues to discuss with anyone in the back room prior to the meeting.

As far as running again it is still very early in my 3rd term to make any decision about seeking a 4th term. It could be a very long 21 months before my term is up. I had not anticipated having to serve without Mayor Ray at the helm. However, we are where we are at today. I am looking forward to getting the issue of selecting a new Mayor and a new city administrator resolved.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:14 AM

You have served us better then any seated, any word on Ken, I really hate Adkins being the only voice for Ward 1, if Ken does not make it back, then its appointed by whom ever is Mayor correct
Old 07-13-2017, 06:49 AM

You can be a good person and still be ignorant. There are dictionaries available if you need clarification. Working for the city does not mean you were sold into slavery. You are free to walk whenever it suits you. So you got crapped on at work. It happens to all of us. Some of us can handle it without crying about it though. They were also given COLA's when a lot of people were happy just have jobs. Not to mention their sweet insurance and retirement. Stop plucking that one string banjo. It's playing the same tune.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:49 AM

My co-workers and me were talking about mayoral qualifications. Does a candidate have to meet all the qualifications to be mayor or can someone slide by? I think all candidates need to live in the city, right? Hope we all have great candidates.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:58 AM

According to gibb adkins you just to just sit there and do as your told and ride it out, don't make any waves or change they way thing are or what they want, pretty simple really
Old 07-13-2017, 07:54 PM

To bad ben cant stand on his own without asking Heard what to do, nothing like textin Heard during the meeting tonight
Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM

Thumbs up

Being so far away now and not subscribing to the online edition of the paper, I have to assume that no posts for almost a week means that all is good in the city now that Heard has been fired and the mayor left to live his own life..

Peace throughout city hall... That's a good thing...
Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM

Not so fast...I hear another lawsuit is in the works? Another discrimination suit.
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM

Heard still runs the CA office, Ben calls him to make sure he knows what to do, oh yeah TOLD YA SO Law suit number 2, can I get a hell yeah for a 3rd