Ozark Regional Online  

Go Back   Ozark Regional Online > Lebanon / Laclede Area > General Discussions

Old Yesterday, 06:22 AM

Sad state indeed when one is removed from a postion, and cry's sexist and runs down the Mayor, when the whole board is female; and gives the excuse she worries about her kid, we all have kids, Mayor got 3 and a whole city out there, again proof they only care about themselves and no one else matters.
Heard mentality ima guessin
Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM

APal that may be true. At times I feel like I'm in a time warp. What I don't get is the mayor complaining about having his "powers" removed when he won't use the ones he still has to eliminate the problem. If he feels so strongly about it then fire the CA before he loses that power also. It's like you're watching someone drown and they won't put on their life vest.
Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM

Heard is appointed, Mayor needs votes from the council to be rid of him, not likely to happen. in their goal to stop any kind of CP, they have become CP, and lead by Heard. no one in town knew Heard was appointed, another inside deal
Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM

Heard's council is fighting dirty

https://www.lebanondailyrecord.com/l...s-mayor-sexism
Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM

The photo caption says a lot. "In the center is Councilman Jim White", Not a good position to be in.

This is the same nonsense that is going on all over the Country. If you can't debate the topic logically, you attack the opposition personally.
Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Paladin View Post
The photo caption says a lot. "In the center is Councilman Jim White", Not a good position to be in.

This is the same nonsense that is going on all over the Country. If you can't debate the topic logically, you attack the opposition personally.
The three no votes were Adkins Mitchell and Eldridge
Old Yesterday, 04:35 PM

I'm sure she's just as sexist as the Mayor, probably more so being as she's the one who brought it up. A case could be made that she's just upset that a man is making the decisions without taking her out for dinner and a movie first.
Old Yesterday, 05:13 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
I'm sure she's just as sexist as the Mayor, probably more so being as she's the one who brought it up. A case could be made that she's just upset that a man is making the decisions without taking her out for dinner and a movie first.
I see what you did there...
Old Yesterday, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Would you really want to go out with her. Not me/
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farscape View Post
The three no votes were Adkins Mitchell and Eldridge
I remember the no votes being Adkins, Mitchell, and Wall. Eldridge abstained from voting. I believe there is a tie situation which was mistakenly declared a failed motion by a city official. This skipped the Mayor from casting the tie breaking vote. I seem to remember a similar situation occurring during the Anderson Administration and he had to cast the tie breaking vote after the meeting. Based on a Missouri Municipal League article on this kind of scenario I am awaiting to hear word as to the Mayor's vote. The only way to attempt to block the Mayor's vote to break the tie is to sue the city. I encourage the Mayor to exercise his authority granted to him by Missouri state statues to cast the tie breaking vote.