Ozark Regional Online  

Go Back   Ozark Regional Online > Lebanon / Laclede Area > General Discussions

Old 08-12-2017, 12:36 PM

He was only a vendor at the airport under a contract to provide services. He owned no property at the airport.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Thanks for the link!
I read that tonight they have a new mayor on the agenda.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:08 AM

City Council owes the other mayoral candidates that were not chosen and the citizens of Lebanon an explanation of why they chose Carr. Looking at the "selection" at arms length it would appear the process was rigged from the get go. The applications and interviews were just the means to justify the end.

Using the excuse the temporary mayor will help select the new city administrator is lame as well. It takes a majority of council to approve the hire. The mayor only makes the appointment and, in years past, was based on a subcommittee recommendation of three council people. Furthermore, I would be surprised if ANY of this takes place before next April when we will elect a new mayor that hopefully sticks around.

Man up council and explain yourself. Let your conscience be your guide.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4real View Post
City Council owes the other mayoral candidates that were not chosen and the citizens of Lebanon an explanation of why they chose Carr. Looking at the "selection" at arms length it would appear the process was rigged from the get go. The applications and interviews were just the means to justify the end.

Using the excuse the temporary mayor will help select the new city administrator is lame as well. It takes a majority of council to approve the hire. The mayor only makes the appointment and, in years past, was based on a subcommittee recommendation of three council people. Furthermore, I would be surprised if ANY of this takes place before next April when we will elect a new mayor that hopefully sticks around.

Man up council and explain yourself. Let your conscience be your guide.
The sad thing is that regardless of what council tries to say about Ray, he called this all in a column just a few days before they figured they should just announce it. How the hell do you accept an application that doesn't meet requirements?
Old 08-16-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farscape View Post
The sad thing is that regardless of what council tries to say about Ray, he called this all in a column just a few days before they figured they should just announce it. How the hell do you accept an application that doesn't meet requirements?
Apparently with the opinion of an attorney. That's what makes the justification so absurd. Council can't even appoint a temporary mayor in less than a few months. What makes them think they can hire a city administrator in less time? None of it passes the smell test. What makes Carr worth waiting for more so than the other candidates. Council indirectly told the other mayor wanna-be's, "Hey, you guys stink so bad we're going to wait on this guy that doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the job." It's a sad way to do business and reflects poorly on the town. We can't even appoint a temporary mayor without skulduggery. Who needs it? Friendly people. Friendly place. If you have the right last name or know the right people.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:21 AM

I think we've found the answer to how we wound up with the last CA. If the leaders of an organization are so corrupt as to bend the rules to suit the outcome they desire, why can't their charges. Same goes for the wayward City Clerk, Past Police Chief and others. The workers look to their superiors to set the standard and if this is the standard they want to set, Lebanon is in for a long hard row.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Paladin View Post
I think we've found the answer to how we wound up with the last CA. If the leaders of an organization are so corrupt as to bend the rules to suit the outcome they desire, why can't their charges. Same goes for the wayward City Clerk, Past Police Chief and others. The workers look to their superiors to set the standard and if this is the standard they want to set, Lebanon is in for a long hard row.
You guys hit the nail on the head. I think what frustrated Ray was that he was making sense but nobody of influence cared. I mean, they are all happy he forced Heard out, but it's back to business as usual.

Carr could be the best thing since sliced bread, but the whole thing plus Ray putting a spotlight on it and being forced to find the door put bad tastes in the mouth of citizens. I stopped by his shop today and he just looked like he could no longer give two flips about what council does. When I asked him about members of council, the only ones he spoke favorably of was White and Hurney. I forgot to ask him about Wall.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:51 AM

Since Jenn George took it upon herself to out Von Nukem and point out he was from Springfield and Lebanon, she is also directing all the nuts to both towns and with no leadership and faults within the system, I question if the City council can handle that type of problem, the fire cracker has been lit and thrown at Springfield and Lebanon hopefully it wont go off, Thanks Jenn your a wonderful person and hope you live forever.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:21 AM

What organization could function with an "interim" everything? Gross incompetence. I'm reticent to quote any political party but Lebanon has its own swamp to drain. "Interim" does not mean years and there's at least 2 different mayors and councils that are to blame. The monkey parable at its finest. I'm amazed city hall gets payroll processed. Oh wait, I mean anything but payroll processed.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:22 AM

Almost time to install the City Councils new Mayor #NotMyMayor I did not vote him in