Ozark Regional Online  

Go Back   Ozark Regional Online > Lebanon / Laclede Area > General Discussions

Old 04-21-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farscape View Post
I've been told that Ray has yelled at CA and gives direction, but the only direction Heard follows is public pressure because council backs him on everything behind those closed doors. I'm also guessing that Ray doesn't want to be CP Craig. We are known for running people who don't build council consensus out of town

Reports from Thursday meeting a week or two back was that the mayor has no problem standing his ground and told Heard what to do. White commented on that, I believe. Maybe he can comment more on whether Ray is assertive enough. Council did a good job since CP taking police, fire, etc from mayor and gladly handing it to Heard. Not much mayor can do about that. I wonder how this all would play out if Elmore-Sutter-Wheeler stuck around as I imagine with White that Ray would be close to the votes he needs.

I keep saying he just needs to call for Heard's removal and put council on the spot for their vote.
Ray has the best interest of Lebanon in mind. Not his own. That totally separates him from Constance. Perhaps if he was to act more like a mayor and less like a crybaby he would get council's backing. Ironical we support these no nonsense former military folks and they get into office then turn into a bowl of melting Jello. What the heck. Kick butt and take names later.

Splitting hairs with you but the handover of power came during Goforth's temporary mayor run. Apparently he wanted no part of the day to day operations or to live in the city for that matter. But that's for another thread.

Follow my advice about putting him in his office with no phone, no computer, punching a clock, and only being allowed out for bathroom breaks and lunch would put an end to this foolishness.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4real View Post
Ray has the best interest of Lebanon in mind. Not his own. That totally separates him from Constance. Perhaps if he was to act more like a mayor and less like a crybaby he would get council's backing. Ironical we support these no nonsense former military folks and they get into office then turn into a bowl of melting Jello. What the heck. Kick butt and take names later.

Splitting hairs with you but the handover of power came during Goforth's temporary mayor run. Apparently he wanted no part of the day to day operations or to live in the city for that matter. But that's for another thread.

Follow my advice about putting him in his office with no phone, no computer, punching a clock, and only being allowed out for bathroom breaks and lunch would put an end to this foolishness.
He definitely needs to be more aggressive but I think that far will cause more problems than solves.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
He definitely needs to be more aggressive but I think that far will cause more problems than solves.
You may be right. If that's the case he should stop his whining and take his medicine. Otherwise call the CA on the carpet, tell him to exclude the part of the new policy manual regarding the appointments currently done by the mayor, and if he refuses then fire him. On the spot in writing. Yes, it takes council to make it official, but that's insubordination plain and simple. Do that everyday of every week until the CA leaves or council sees the light.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
You may be right. If that's the case he should stop his whining and take his medicine. Otherwise call the CA on the carpet, tell him to exclude the part of the new policy manual regarding the appointments currently done by the mayor, and if he refuses then fire him. On the spot in writing. Yes, it takes council to make it official, but that's insubordination plain and simple. Do that everyday of every week until the CA leaves or council sees the light.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Speaking of insubordination the definition is being changed in the new personnel manual.

Old definition:
"Insubordination - willful disobedience in carrying out reasonable requests, instructions, or other directives of supervision or management; refusing to accept a job assignment and/or perform a reasonable assignment; direct disregard or disrespect of authority; failure to follow department policies and procedures"

New definition:
"Failure to obey any reasonable work direction made by a supervisor; noncompliance with the City's rules, policies or procedures, or with reasonable work directions/assignments made by supervision shall be insubordination."

The "direct disregard or disrespect of authority" is being removed from the definition of insubordination in the new personnel manual. The word "management" is also being removed.

There are many subtle changes like this through out the new personnel manual.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:09 AM

So I can have a job with the city and walk up and tell Heard to go **** off and still have a job, WOW that's a frist , I want a job there ; So I wonder if the same can be said during a Council meeting to anyone on the Council , and them being offened wont get us Banned from future meetings. Well Mr. ray has to hold his water a lot i'm sure, he is in that position because not only his voters but also a lot of persons in town would hold it against him, and Heard knows this.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
So I can have a job with the city and walk up and tell Heard to go **** off and still have a job, WOW that's a frist , I want a job there ; So I wonder if the same can be said during a Council meeting to anyone on the Council , and them being offened wont get us Banned from future meetings. Well Mr. ray has to hold his water a lot i'm sure, he is in that position because not only his voters but also a lot of persons in town would hold it against him, and Heard knows this.
I will defer that question to the Mayor. Are there categories of employees or citizens who can speak offensive language and/or categories of citizens, employees, or elected officials who are abused with offensive language for which they suffer in silence because they are a class of people who are deemed not worthy to be protected?
Old 04-22-2017, 10:00 AM

Thumbs down

A new day has been dawning for some time now.. Not certain of the difference between being rude and cussing out officials, from teachers to protective services personnel, to local or nationally elected officials.. Its all fair game now... Unfortunately.. Welcome to the "Do your thing" society..