Ozark Regional Online  

Go Back   Ozark Regional Online > Lebanon / Laclede Area > General Discussions

Old 06-20-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka View Post
BBE how many lineman have now left for greener pasture.
The public works people are paid less than the average because the CA and his trio can't get over the fact that people who don't have all that college should be paid more than them. HR in particular.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:45 PM

Not sure how many have left but was told there are only 8 left in the department,and more are looking to leave. I have a feeling the 3% cola is seen as a slap in the face. The average municipal lineman makes around 32 dollars/hr the city of Lebanon pays 20. LEC pays their lineman 42/hr if anyone was wondering. It's probably kind of embarrassing for the city of Lebanon lineman at this point to watch others get paid double what they are for the same job. Honestly I'm surprised if any of them stay if something doesn't change soon. Too open positions in surrounding communities that pay much better.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:35 PM

I was a lineman for the city and ran the main line, but someone else pays me more, I so quit my job for the city and now make more, and moving so the city cant tax me more, I know not a lot like the song lol
Old 06-20-2017, 03:39 PM

Im sure as the Potus gets things off the ground, more people of other trades will leave, and we will have a hard time finding people, but council will prob outsource the jobs as they spend their way to happiness and break Lebanon then blame someone else, sounds kinda democrat don't it, if one notices ore people are moving out, older ones now younger as it gets worse and the ones moving here are not the ones we would like to have move here, So in time it will all fall apart, the blame game will start; but they wont blame themselves. Mayor Ray tryed and tryed , but its hard to deal with people with unicorns and rainbows in their dream world and there are many like that in town, others don't want to be bothered with politics or the city, keep their mouth closed and eyes to the ground, just what the council looks for, I know of 5 just myself, if all of us know 5 that number grows pretty fast. Cant sell your home, many on the market and on streets that need work or the people want perfect for 40k, its not even winter and we have been covered with SNOWFLAKES

Last edited by farscape; 06-20-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:42 PM

Another shake up, workers leaving, Mayor Ray pushed out and report has it Ken Eldridge Ward 1 had a stroke taken to springfield
Old 06-20-2017, 06:05 PM

Maybe a few prayers for all of Lebanon and especially Ken and his family are in order!