Ozark Regional Online  

Go Back   Ozark Regional Online > Lebanon / Laclede Area > General Discussions

Old 10-11-2017, 05:19 PM

Default Public Forum Tonight

There is a public forum tonight in about 45 minutes at city hall concerning the city administrator recruitment. I saw it announced to the public this morning. It apparently was announced yesterday in the paper. Not much notice, but I'm curious and will be there.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:35 PM

You will be warmly received and your input will be highly valued...
Old 10-12-2017, 09:35 AM

Councilman White was there the entire meeting, which lasted approximately an hour and forty-five minutes. Councilman Jordan was 20 or 30 minutes late, but stayed the rest of the meeting. Councilwoman Mitchell showed up an hour late and I turned around and she was already gone 30 minutes later or so.

The city clerk peaked in, saw me, and scurried away. The only staff that showed up was a gentleman from public works who had some great insight. Mayor Carr was there and we got along great. He and Councilman White were the only two elected officials who spoke to me. LOL

The consensus from the small crowd was that we want a city administrator who provides ALL options to council and they are responsible for the final decision. They also expect him/her to live in the city limits so that any decisions he/she makes affects them, too. I summed it up and got agreement from the people there that the CA is the mayor's right hand. Tonight the same meeting happens, but with council ALL there, I believe.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:56 AM

Sad I was sick last night, if it happens tonight I'd be there, I'm sure a few council people are really bending Mayor Carr's ear right now, not counting city admin staff, never heard if my list of CA was given guess ill find out sometime. Point being NO LOUD MOUTH DRUNK.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farscape View Post
Sad I was sick last night, if it happens tonight I'd be there, I'm sure a few council people are really bending Mayor Carr's ear right now, not counting city admin staff, never heard if my list of CA was given guess ill find out sometime. Point being NO LOUD MOUTH DRUNK.
Mayor Carr read your comments. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farscape View Post
Would be good if they did not let the one the choose write the contract of employment.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Mayor Carr read your comments. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
oh you know I will josh, but thanks for answering my question, now are they having a meeting tonight
Old 10-12-2017, 02:16 PM

One of the hardest questions I've ever had to answer was from my grandchild, papa why is Mayor Ray not Mayor, my friends and I liked him, I'm still wondering on how to respond and be honest about it. So I bailed and took her for ice cream, yeah yeah I know I chickened out
Old 10-12-2017, 06:28 PM

I say go for the audit period
Old 10-13-2017, 07:39 AM

Give all applicants a short quiz on RSMo 77.042, 77.044, 77.046, and 77.048. Any score less than 100% disqualifies the applicant. A similar one should be designed for city council and mayor wannabes.