Ozark Regional Online  

Go Back   Ozark Regional Online > Lebanon / Laclede Area > General Discussions

Old 05-18-2017, 07:36 AM

I've heard the same. Also heard they never actually bought him out the first time? Not sure what to believe though?
Old 05-18-2017, 08:25 AM

Be a lot cheaper in the long run to demote him. Ordinance says he can't be fired without council's blessing. Doesn't say anything about demoting him and cutting his pay. Maybe his employment contract has stipulations against it.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:35 AM

I heard from a good source, the city is out of money on the RT. 66 pocket park!!! WT? They out looking for donations for other two murals. I'm told the project is stuck in the mud with no real direction. Where Did the money go?
Old 05-19-2017, 12:16 PM

I'm not worried. I've heard over and over "it" would pay for itself. Sounds like it's time for "it" to whip out its credit card/checkbook.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:14 PM

If they were using the electric slush fund to finance it maybe that's why the big push to raise the rates.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:41 PM

Park boards to think they have extra money, wonder where it came from. maybe the Nelson deal and how many former park board members on council
Old 05-19-2017, 06:32 PM

Now stew we just paying the city back for all the years we had meters reading wrong, that's all
Old 05-20-2017, 08:50 AM

Rumor now is Heard is trying to have a revisit of the contract severance debacle years ago.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind Blue Eyes View Post
Supposedly the city will own the farm free and clear in 7 yrs. Not sure I buy that sales pitch but it sure sounds smooth. How much are paying per kWh for solar energy for the next 7 yrs?
I wonder if that just means the solar panels have a life expectancy of about 7 years, 2 months? lol

"Debate on public issues should be uninhibited, robust, and wide-open, and that it may well include vehement, caustic, and sometimes unpleasantly sharp attacks on government and public officials."

― William J. Brennan, Jr., Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States (New York Times Co. v. Sullivan, 1964).
Old 05-20-2017, 09:03 AM

Everyone should rest easy that your tax dollars are being wisely spent by City Council. CA Heard was sent to Las Vegas on city money for a conference. Isn't that exactly what everyone would do with an employee who's getting ready to leave? Seems like the smartest way to spend tax dollars to me.

"Debate on public issues should be uninhibited, robust, and wide-open, and that it may well include vehement, caustic, and sometimes unpleasantly sharp attacks on government and public officials."

― William J. Brennan, Jr., Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States (New York Times Co. v. Sullivan, 1964).